Our Notice of Privacy Practices, effective October 15, 2016, includes:
- An explanation of when ASAP is required to obtain your authorization for disclosures, including for the use of psychotherapy notes
- How ASAP may use your information, as well as your right to opt out of receiving such communications
- Your right to receive notification if a breach of your confidentiality occurs
For further questions regarding the Notice of Privacy Practices, or other HIPAA concerns, please call the Advocate Privacy Office at 513.792.1272.
ASAP is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website (asapcincinnati.com). Information gathered on our website is used to monitor our effectiveness in providing relevant and credible health information, in answering questions, and in improving our website. ASAP is committed to making certain that our website is used as a resource to fulfill our mission of serving the needs of individuals, families and the communities in which they live.
Our website, asapcincinnati.com, is developed by ASAP Cincinnati. Our postal address is: ASAP Cincinnati, 9403 Kenwood Rd. Suite C-111, Cincinnati, OH 45242. Our website manager can be contacted at email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
This site recognizes and collects, when possible, the domain name of a visitor’s server (for example, asapcincinnati.com or aol.com). We do not automatically collect the full e-mail address of visitors to our website. The only way we obtain your name or e-mail address is when you choose to provide that information to us. Examples of how you might provide us with such personal information include:
- Completing a survey or feedback form;
- E-mailing us with a comment or question;
- Subscribing to our e-mail notification service for new editions of our newsletter.
We use Google Universal Analytics to collect website data that allows us to get a better understanding of how our site visitors interact with our online content. If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website or download information, Google Universal Analytics will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally and is used in a general way to help us improve our website and tell us the number of visitors to our site each day.
Our web server automatically collects and records the following information:
- Aggregate information on what pages are accessed
- Address of the website that linked to us (referral URL)
- Date and time you access our site
- Name and release number of web browser software used
- Operating system used
- Visitor’s domain name, but not the e-mail address
- Visitor’s IP address
- Age, gender and interests
How do we use the information we collect?
- ASAP does not sell, trade or rent personal information about its website visitors.
- The information we collect about the domain name of the server from which you are visiting is aggregated and used solely to determine the number of visitors to our site each day, and sources of traffic.
- E-mail addresses provided by visitors are used to respond to comments submitted through our feedback and surveys forms, when indicated. E-mail addresses provided when subscribing to e-mail bulletins are used to distribute the bulletins via email to subscribers.
- If a website visitor asks us to send material that cannot be transmitted electronically, we will need to know the visitor’s name, e-mail address and mailing address. We will use that information only to fulfill the visitor’s request.
- Website visitors who complete a website survey and indicate a willingness to participate in future surveys are asked to provide their name, e-mail address and telephone number. That information is shared with carefully screened market research firms with which ASAP has business relationships.
How can I get my name removed from your files?
If you do not want to receive e-mail from ASAP, please let us know by sending an e-mail notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you write, it is imperative that you provide the following information so that we can be sure to honor your request:
- Your full name
- Your active e-mail address (If you use more than one e-mail address, send us a message from each of your e-mail accounts.)
- A sentence asking that your e-mail address be removed from our files.
We will process your request as quickly as possible.
You may browse many areas of the ASAP Web site, including our home page, without disclosing any personal information. Within these areas ASAP collects and stores only the information that is automatically recognized by the Web server, such as your IP address and files your request from the server.
ASAP collects the personal data you volunteer on registration, survey, or other forms, or by email. Additionally, some areas of the Web site might be available only to certain persons and will require a login and password to access these areas. If you intend to use certain parts of the site you will be granted a login and password you may be asked some demographic information about yourself.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. Because we treat teens, we take your and their confidentiality very seriously. In specific forms where we may ask for information about children we take steps to protect the privacy of those children by making reasonable efforts to ensure that a parent has entered or authorized the collection of the child’s personal information.
As described above, ASAP sometimes collects anonymous information from visits to our site to help us provide better customer service. For example, ASAP measures visitor activity on our Web site, but we do so in ways that keep the information anonymous. ASAP uses the information collected to measure the number of visitors to the different areas of our site and to help make the site more useful to visitors. This includes analyzing these logs periodically to measure the number of visitors and visits through the ASAP servers, the number of pages visited and the level of demand for pages and topics of interests. The logs may be preserved indefinitely and used at any time and in any way to prevent security breaches and to ensure the integrity of the data on our servers.
Cookies and Other Technologies
By using the ASAP website, you consent to the collection and use of the information discussed above. Changes in this policy will be posted on this page so that you may always be aware of what information is being collected, how it is being used, and under what circumstances it is being disclosed.
ASAP is committed to its mission of serving the health care needs of individuals, families and communities. We are committed to the privacy standards outlined in this policy and to fulfill the organization’s mission of service and to act in accordance with ASAP’s core values. These values include acting in the public’s best interests and protecting the privacy and confidentiality of all information provided to us.
Tell us what you think
ASAP welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send your comments via e-mail comments to our Web Manager at email@example.com.